5 Tips for a Better Night Sleep
Sleep loss is detrimental to everyone both physically and mentally. A lack of sleep is linked to heart disease, diabetes, strokes and obesity. With that being said, it is safe to say sleep is extremely important for your overall wellbeing and that is why we’ve put together 5 tips to help you in getting a better night sleep.
- Mindfulness Meditation – Mindfulness meditation evokes the relaxation response in your brain which helps you focus on calmness rather than concerns about the past or future. It is known to help with stress-related ailments such as depression, pain and even high blood pressure!
- Caffeine – We get it, a lot of us need a daily dose of caffeine to enhance our energy and focus but make sure not to drink it in the late afternoon. It is suggested that you do not want to drink caffeine past 3:00 p.m. that way it will not affect your sleeping habits.
- Sleep Mask – A sleep mask is one of the best and easy ways to obtain a restful, relaxing sleep. In addition, when your brain experiences complete darkness, it produces melatonin, the chemical of sleep which allows you to get the rest your body needs. You can find one here.
- A Weighted Blanket – A weighted blanket could be just what you need to cure those sleepless nights. It is known to help ease insomnia, improve sleep quality and help reduce anxiety. You can find one here.
- OLLY Restful Sleep Gummy – Try these awesome dietary supplements. They are filled with melatonin, L-Theanine and botanicals like chamomile and lemon balm. These ingredients help boost your natural sleep hormone for a healthy sleep cycle. You can find them here.
As always, our staff is here to answer any questions you may have! Contact us.