10 Superfoods for Women
10 Superfoods for Women
If you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle that includes nourishing foods that give your body the nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals that it needs, add these 10 superfoods to your diet.
- Salmon – This omega 3 rich fish is filled with anti-inflammatory fatty acids that can lower the risk of heart disease and arthritis, lower blood pressure and so much more.
- Leafy Greens – Spinach, kale, swiss chard and other leafy greens are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber that your body is begging for in order to maintain a healthy diet and digestion. Many leafy greens also aid in decreasing the risk of multiple cancers.
- Berries – Whether you prefer blueberries, raspberries or goji berries, these sweet fruits are full of antioxidants and contribute to lowering risk of heart disease.
- Almonds – These tiny nuts include a massive amount amount of nutrients. Packed with vitamin E, antioxidants and calcium, this superfood assists with blood sugar control and lowering cholesterol.
- Avocado – Avocados are healthy fats loaded with vitamins C, E, K, potassium and so many more vitamins and nutrients. This food supports skin health, lowers cholesterol and even helps boost immune systems.
- Yogurt – Yogurt contains billions of probiotics that aid in digestive health. We know there are so many flavors and options to choose from, but plain, unsweetened yogurt is the best for a healthy diet.
- Oats – High in fiber and protein, whole grain oats lower blood sugar and cholesterol. This diverse food can be made sweet or savory, and is the perfect easy food to incorporate into your diet no matter what your palate enjoys.
- Eggs – Besides being a great source of healthy cholesterol and packed with vitamins and antioxidants, eggs yolks are an excellent source of choline.
This ingredient promotes a healthy nervous system and is an essential nutrient that few people get enough of.
- Beans – Beans and legumes are excellent sources of dietary fiber, protein, B vitamins and many other important vitamins and minerals. These superfoods help reduce blood sugar, improve cholesterol levels and help maintain a healthy gut.
- Dark chocolate – Last, but definitely not least – dark chocolate. You were hoping chocolate would be included, right? As a food with one of the most antioxidants on this planet, vitamin-rich dark chocolate should be added to your diet. Make sure the chocolate you are consuming
has a high percentage of cocoa!