Benefits of Saunas and Steam Rooms
Saunas and steam rooms are both extremely beneficial for overall health. Although both are heated rooms, the difference between them is that saunas provide dry heat, while steam rooms are filled with moist air. We are sharing a few of the health benefits you will receive by visiting saunas and steam rooms.
- Promotes skin health – The heat from saunas and steam rooms opens up your pores, releasing dirt and toxins that are trapped. Many people walk away with clearer, more evenly toned skin after spending a session in a sauna or steam room.
- Improves circulation – The heat increases blood flow, improving circulation throughout the body, especially in the body’s extremities. This can lead to a healthier heart and lowered blood pressure, and even an increase in overall cardiovascular health.
- Loosens muscles – Saunas and steam rooms are perfect places for safe, healthy workout recovery. The heat loosens muscles, lessening pain and stiffness. Many people use these heated rooms as a warm-up before working out in addition to recovery after a workout.
- Increases relaxation – Saunas and steam rooms are often found in spas as a sanctuary for people to relax. Both heat rooms have proven to decrease the body’s cortisol levels, which reduces stress. The increased heart rate that you will experience in saunas and steam rooms also causes the release of more endorphins, helping you relax and feel happier.
- Boosts immune system – Regular use of saunas and steam rooms is beneficial to your entire immune system, which can prevent you from becoming sick. They are also good for those who are congested or suffering from asthma. Specifically, many people notice they can breathe easier after their time spent in one of these heated rooms.
Did you know we have an infrared sauna on-site? If you are interested in learning more, give us a call at 850-424-4301.